- Our last day of school is Wednesday, May 30th. Students will be dismissed at 11:30. No lunch will be served.
- The elementary office will be closed most of the summer. Parents can contact our office by leaving voice messages or by email - both are checked regularly throughout the summer.
- Please contact our office if you are moving and switching districts. We can assist with transferring records.
- Families will receive a letter from our office around the first part of August. Make sure to contact our office if you are changing address during the summer.
- District packets will be mailed to families the second week of August.
- The building project is scheduled to begin as early as August. That will create a few challenges:
- The north and Community Education parking lots will also be affected by construction. The east end of the large parking lot on the north side of the building will be fenced off. People will still be able to drive into the north lot and park, but we will lose a couple of the parking lanes. We will continue to have our morning drop off and our afternoon pick up in this area. The Community Education parking lot, which is nestled between our buildings on the south side, will also be fenced off for a construction zone. There will be no parking or drop off in that area. We are currently exploring different options for handicap access during this construction phase
- The school board adopted a modified school calendar for the 2018-19 and 2019-20 school years. These calendars will include changes to the traditional school start and end dates and the length of the school day. The number of school days for each of these years will be reduced from 174 to 165 student days. We will now complete the 2018-19 school year by May 10, 2019. While making these calendar changes, the board was expected to meet the state’s requirements for academic time. Therefore, our school day next year will be increased by 30 minutes. Our first bell will ring at 7:50 and classes will begin at 8:00 am. Our dismissal bell will be at 3:30.
- Important Fall Dates:
- Wednesday, August 29th - Open House
- Tuesday, September 4th - First Day of School for Grades 1-5 & Kindergarten Orientation
- Wedensday, September 5th - First Day of School for Kindergarten
- Thank you for sharing your children with us this year. Have a safe and relaxing summer vacation!